Saturday, May 19, 2012

Splatter Mani and Yaaaard Sale finds.

Hey guys :)
Its been a little over a week since I've posted :( I did two mani's but I didn't like the results and refused to show you guys lol. I was still reading everyone's blogs and youtube video tutorials :D and came across splatter mani's. I saw one last year and didn't want to give it a try because it looked messy. I gave in to the messy and colorful mani. So I covered my workspace with tons of newspaper and went to town!


Excuse the background, I was outside feeding a squirrel on my balcony and when she hid I took advantage of the natural soft light.

So this was so much fun, I can't believe I had not tried it before. I added some nail stickers in some places where I kind of messed up lol. I do have a complaint, I have the hardest time with white nail polish, I'm using Finger Paints Paper Mache and It works nice for detailing, but as a base (covering the whole nail) it sucks :( I used 3 coats and it was a streaky mess. It flooded the cuticle, any recommendations?

Colors used:
Finger Paints Paper Mache (white)
China Glaze For Audrey (Blue)
Funky Fingers Riot (Purple)
Fresh Paint High Voltage (Pink)
China Glaze Tree Hugger (Green)
Orly Polishield (Top Coat)

Also I was a pirate today, I went yaaaaard sailing. Lol.
I found some awesome things, nail related things :D
Here's what I found.

 Avon Matte Black as Night, I tried a little bit on my fiance's nail and the color was beautiful. I didn't want to swatch a bit on me, because I had a fresh mani, lol. Sorry Marc, and Thanks for trying it out :D lol.

 Avon Nail Experts Vitamin C Cuticle Gel, I have never used anything for the cuticles so
 lets see if this makes a difference.

 Avon Nail Experts Instant Gel Cuticle Remover, once again, never tried any of this stuff, 
I'm really excited to try it out. Kind of scared because it says don't leave it on longer than a 
minute :o will it hurt or something??

And these awesome nail stickers/ nail gems. The lady who had these had a ton of them, and I should have bought more, but I don't like using stickers because I feel like a cheater :(

So for my little yard sale finds I paid $7.50

Now for the non-nail related awesomeness!! 
My Aunt also had a yard sale among the neighborhood :) and I found this.
At first I just seen the brooch, and asked her how much, she said I could have it, then she showed me the bracelet, she told me to take it too but I fell in love, and I couldn't just take two things from her lol! In the end I gave her $13 for them. I asked her if she knew where she got them, she said a lady gave them to her and she didn't know where the original box was :( I'm not a fan of the gold look but what other color would a bee be? LMAO!!

No comments:

Post a Comment